Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday...Ten

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Ten by Gretchen McNeil


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
And their doom comes swiftly. 
It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury. 
But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine. 
Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off the from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?
This sounds awesomely creepy. I love good mysteries and it seems like a "locked room" scenario where the killer might be some one they know. Intriguing synopsis and creepy cover don't hurt either.

Expected release date - September 18, 2012

9 comments:

  1. Awesomely creepy is right!! I've heard great things about Gretchen's debut novel, Possess, so she's on my radar of authors to check out. And there is something about a creepy island + mysterious deaths that make me all kinds of excited haha. Fantastic choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one. It does sound really good for readers who enjoy scary mysteries. I don't read many of those, so I'm not sure I'll pick this up.
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a fan of the cover but this one sounds really interesting. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so going to read this. I love "locked room" mysteries, and this sounds similar to And There Were None by Agatha Christie. I loved that book.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of a TV show called Harper's Island - super creepy and I loved it. :D Definitely need a copy of TEN, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many people mention this book lately. I can't wait to finally get to read all of their reviews and then maybe read it myself!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. *shivers* That...is creepy. But it sounds awesome as well! Good pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds amazingly creepy! I soooo can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...